Monday, September 16, 2013

Surviving Siruma: A Summary

This is the sixth part of my 10-months adventure in Siruma, Camarines Sur.

I’ve shared all about the places to visit in Siruma, as well as the foods to eat, and activities in the area. This is just a summary of some sort.

Siruma is a beautiful place with lots of resources and beaches that could rival other beaches in the Philippines. Granted, it’s not as beautiful as the ones seen in Caramoan, but still, Siruma has a charm of its own. Maybe it’s because it’s a small, peaceful place, but basically it’s because of the people. In small towns such as this, the hospitality of the people in it is astounding. I don’t know if it’s because I’m their doctor or what but whenever I walk their streets, people always greeted me with a smile. I never felt that I was out of place even though I’m from Manila and I don’t understand some of their language. My 10 months stint there taught me a lot and for that I’m very, very grateful for Siruma.


Sunset view


If the CamSur government and Local Government would take the time to fix the roads going to this place, I am pretty sure that this place would be teeming with tourists all over. It’s a great tourist spot. Too bad the government is not doing anything to improve the roads going there. Hopefully, in the near future they would really fix it so that not only are tourists able to visit the place, but also the people there can go back and forth to Naga easily and without any hassle, most especially the fishermen who are selling their goods in Naga.

So, please, please CamSur government, see the plight of the roads of Siruma!! It’s a simple “cement” the road project which I’m sure you could achieve! And please to those reading this, spread the word, link this page, maybe some day, some one from their government would be able to read this and see the pictures of the deplorable roads they have not paid attention to!

Really, really sucky roads!


If ever you’re interested in going to this place, just message me, I have contacts there which could help you.

Is it worth it to go here? Yes, most especially during the summers so the road are not that hassle and dangerous. Need I say it again, it’s a beautiful place!



Read more:
Surviving Siruma: An Introduction To An Unknown Island
Surviving Surima: Where to Stay and Places to Visit
Surviving Siruma: The Town Fiestas
Surviving Siruma: Things To Do in Siruma
Surviving Siruma: Food Tripping Galore

4 comments:

  1. Hi I would like to ask you more about your journey in Siruma. What is your email address? :) - Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's mmallare31@yahoo.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i just wonder if roads way to siruma is still the same after 4years, any updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I actually just went there last october and the road has improved a whole lot! About 90% already has paved roads, and the travel time has significantly decreased to around 3-4 hours :) It's quite easy to get there already :)

      Delete